Franconia Beer Message Board
Visit to Franken...Bamberg Plan
|Posted by euromannn on 2017-04-02 20:25:44|
|In general, I agree with a plan to where I go but the information si lacking to assess the areas:|
Going May 14,15,16 and part of 17.....
How I make these places all work in I am lost but trying to make it to all. Might even rent a bicycle to pedal the routes.
1. Arrive on may 14, Sunday, Keesman''s in closed on Sundays
2. Buses to Merkendorf appear to only run Monday-Friday
3. Making a list of brauerei's recommend on blog but seems incredibly confusing the time of day to go and the days:
Sunday - might stay in Bamberg as I know a few places: Fassla, Schlenkerla, Mahrs, Spezial, Greifenklau, Café Abseits. That's if all open...and times most popular. Mahrs is no longer a favorite I guess that I had a U beer there last summer. I like your critique on beers as I will try Keesman the big one I missed last summer which was closed.
Barry's fascinating DO-It-ALL while full of bier hop:
4. Buses - 907 to (Memmelsdorf) but 917/927 DO NOT run on Sunday to Schammelsdorf. Hoehn for a Seidla, wait for the 917/927 and get off in Schammelsdorf at Knoblach.
5. Walk to Merkendorf ...as if I'm standing uporight after the first leg!! Go to Hummel & Wagner are musts but which days Monday or Tuesday?
6. Forschiem - train to forschiem--->Bus 265-->Schlammersdorf, into Witzgall, get back on and get off at Stiebarlimbach, 5 minute walk to Roppelt. (per Barry's incrdible description! Monday or Tuesday?
7. Forschiem - Neder and Butternheim, which days/time?
8. Moenchsambacher Brauerei Zehender, Drei Kronen – 10km east of Bamberg, Bus # to Moenschsambacher?
Trying my best to learn from all aa my mind is twirling on best ticket option/cost, locations of brauerei, which one to visit in what order and time of day to go as I hate empty pubs.
So what new words have I learned from you(Nick), Barry, Jason and Fred:
1. Tankenova - Czech pilsner in a tank. Funny, so I sent an email to a friend in Praha asked him about Tankenova which Wikipedia says is Pilsner Urquil from a tank. Buddy says you've already drank pils at four of these places ie Local in Praha LMFAO. Now I know a new word.
2. Barry offered to meet me for a seidla. Mug of beer another new word! Hope we hookup.
3. Merkendorf exists south of Nurnberg, village 4k from Bamberg, and in Austria. That riddle makes me want to drink more to understand how this is possible!
I'm still on overwhelmed on all the information and ideas but slowly with a month go before I leave hoping to decipher the blog posts without being too much more of a distraction with my learning curve.
If you have suggestions on my itineraries, buses, brauerei plan let me know. Silently I sit reading all of the blog and each day it's making more sense.
|Visit to Franken...Bamberg Plan by euromannn on 2017-04-02 20:51:25|
|Visit to Franken...Bamberg Plan by Jason on 2017-04-02 23:20:21|
|Visit to Franken...Bamberg Plan by Barry on 2017-04-03 01:09:34|
|Visit to Franken...Bamberg Plan by Mark Andersen on 2017-04-03 03:35:34|
|Visit to Franken...Bamberg Plan by JohnRatcliffe on 2017-04-03 09:27:21|
|Visit to Franken...Bamberg Plan by TreinJan on 2017-04-03 22:33:32|